Help, I Don't Know where to Start - Finding the Nearest Legal Services Office - Directory of Participating Programs - Other Sources of Legal Help - Courts - Go to the Beginning
Legal Help for West Virginians
Help, I Don't Know where to StartFind the Nearest Legal Services OfficeDirectory of Participating ProgramsOther Sources of Legal HelpThe CourtsGo to the  Beginning

If the person accused of a crime cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed by the court. The defendant should ask for a lawyer when he or she is questioned by the police or, if no questioning has occurred, at his or her first court appearance.

If the person accused can afford an attorney, he or she should hire one as soon as possible. Information about attorneys can be obtained from the Yellow Pages in the phone book or from the West Virginia State Bar Association.

This ends the discussion of criminal cases. We hope you have found it helpful. Return to the menu to proceed.

Buffalo Creek Valley from reclaimation site